Love and life, we encounter both joy and sorrow. Famous lost love quotes will evoke genuine emotion, and make you be surprised by how soothing you will find them. Whether it was due to a break-up or death, these profound words can be comforting in our darkest hours. Through their words, we can find understanding and insight into our own struggles with love and loss. These Lost Love quotes will inspire you. Lost love, when you’ve lost someone that was your world. Someone who meant everything to you.
Healing Quotes About Love Lost
1. I lost my self, while trying not to lose you.
2. Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
3. Trying to forget someone is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
4. It takes a couple of seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye.
5. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all. ― Samuel Butler
6. Sadness flies away on the wings of time. ― Jean de La Fontaine
7. When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth. ― Sienna Miller
8. Pain is never permanent. Passing time can take it away from you. All you have to do is let it go.
9. Do not feel bitter when you lose someone. It will be painful, yes. But the pain of losing that person will only remind you of how much you’ve loved and how much of it was real.
10. No one can describe the feeling of losing your soulmate. It is a part of you has gone, and you cannot function properly without him.
11. I’m afraid we’ll be one of the ones who miss each other their entire life.
12. When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it? ― Shannon L. Alder
13. No one wants to lose love. But was it ever in our power to choose what we get to keep and what we do not? It hits you when you least expect it.
Sad Quotes about lost love to get you trough
14. A dream you once were, a dream of all my realities, a dream I can no longer strive for, in the wake of many betrayals. ― C. Elizabeth
15. If you can’t get somebody off your mind, they are probably supposed to be there.
16. Unrequited love can never kill you. It only causes the pain. Pain that can fly away on the wings of time.
17. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
18. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all. – Samuel Butler
19. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
20. You cannot truly let go until you accept that despite the pain he caused, he brought you far greater and unimaginable joy.
21. Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained. ― Jonathan Harnisch
22. There were only two soul-stirring moments in my life. The first was when I met you, and the second was when I lost you.
23. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
24. You still mean everything to me, but you’re just not worth the fight anymore.
25. When you remember how hard it is to change yourself, you begin to understand what little chance we have of changing others.
26. Loss was never demanded, but always required. So is love.
27. When you lose someone, you have to accept that grief and love cannot be separated. For when you reminisce the joys of your sweet love, you will be awakened by the grief you have tried so hard to keep at bay.
Famous Losing Love Quotes
28. Does loss get easier with time? It doesn’t. It just takes longer to remember but when you do, the stabbing pain will be the same as the first time you felt it.
29. Love is timeless, love is immortal. Even if you lose someone to something as permanent as death, the love you once had will never fade away. It will caress you each and every day, reminding you of the everlasting sweetness of love.
30. I’m not like a car you can fix up. I’m never gonna run right Bella. – Stephenie Meyer, New Moon
31. I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change. ― Nicholas Sparks
32. You know you love someone when the idea of losing him is enough to give you the taste of the most hurtful pain in the world. Value your loved ones.
33. To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
34. You were the light in my life- the sun, the star, the everlasting luminance. Now all I’m left with is darkness, the specks of light here and there to remind me of what I once had but lost.
35. Does loss get easier with time? It doesn’t. It just takes longer to remember, but when you do, the stabbing pain will be the same as the first time you felt it.
36. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
37. You still mean everything to me, but you’re just not worth the fight anymore.
38. An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception. ― Harold Loukes
39. Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there. – Otomo No Yakamochi
40. It’s so hard to go back to the places that were once ours. When I look at them, it seems like nothing has changed. But deep in my heart, I know the truth. With you can from my life, everything has and forever will be changed.
Loss and Love Messages for Her or Him
41. You never truly get over losing someone. You may forgive, you may forget. But you can never stop the memories of sweetness and joy from creeping in when you least expect it to.
42. The process of losing someone does not happen all at once. It comes in bits and pieces, creeping up on you slowly but surely. It’s only when the gaping hole of loss overwhelms you that you fully comprehend the devastating permanence of losing someone to the hands of death.
43. My love, you left me here in the dark, to taste the pain of loss. But guess what? I found my way through that darkness, I found a light in that darkness. Now I know the taste of pain, but I am immune to it, it cannot hurt me anymore, and all credits goes to you. Thank you for making me stronger, my love.
44. Love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
45. Where there is love, there will always be hurt.
46. It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week. ~Laurence J. Peter
47. Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
48. One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart.
49. Love is like quicksilver in the hand. ― Dorothy Parker
50. Though I may have lost you, you will always have a space in the most beautiful part of my damaged soul.
51. Any relationship should have love, and if there is no love, it is better to call off a relationship. People say that love happens only once, but I don’t believe in it because for me, if one relationship doesn’t work, you should move on and seek love in another relationship. Who knows; you might find love in the second relationship. ― Bipasha Basu
52. Where should all my love go when you are no longer here to receive it?
53. There were only two soul-stirring moments in my life. First was when I met you, and second was when I lost you.
54. Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep. – Clive Barker
55. There is love of course. And then there’s life, its enemy. ― Jean Anouilh
56. Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay
57. Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable. – Nicholas Sparks
58. No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight. ― Lana Del Rey
59. I loved you, with everything I got. I gave you everything I had. And the result was nothing but betrayal, loneliness, and pain. But that is totally fine because it made me stronger, wiser, and better. Your loss was my vaccine,and now I am immune to pain.
60. I thought I loved him, but he had to break my heart for me to know what true love really is.
Love, loss, and redemption Quotes & Statuses with Images
61. Your memory feels like home to me. So, whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you. ― Ranata Suzuki
62. Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free; Love me no more, but love my love of thee. ― Algernon Charles Swinburne
63. Losing you left a bitter taste in my mouth. But whenever I try to wash the taste away, the lingering sweetness of our time together keeps me from doing it. I would endure every bitter taste if only to taste bits and pieces of the sweetness that once overwhelmed me.
64. You never know how special something is until you lose it.
65. Love is divine only and difficult always. If you think it is easy you are a fool. If you think it is natural you are blind. It is a learned application without reason or motive except that it is God. ― Toni Morrison
66. Loss and love go way back. They have a very long and old relationship. Movies, novels, dramas and almost everything accepts it and interprets it. We have some quotes about loss and love, I hope you enjoy them.
67. I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. ― Margaret Mitchell
68. Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated. – Alphonse de Lamartine
69. I have loved deeply. I have lost intensely. I will never love again. I get that love by people who care for me. ~Richard Simmons
70. What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul.
71. I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. ― The Wonder Years
72. Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. – Edna St. Vincent Millay
73. The process of losing someone does not happen all at once. It comes in bits and pieces, creeping up on you slowly but surely. It’s only when the gaping hole of loss overwhelms you that you fully comprehend the devastating permanence of losing someone to the hands of death.
74. Losing you was like losing a limb. I could function, but there was always something missing.
75. I keep on telling myself that I’m over you but whenever I hear my cellphone chime, I cannot help but wish that it’s a message from you.
76. If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again. ― Amelie Chance
77. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. – Barbara De Angelis
78. To welcome great beginnings, you must accept the possible sad endings that come with it.
79. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. ― Washington Irving
80. Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.
81. You cannot truly love until you accept that with the sweetness of love comes the horror of pain.
82. Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable. ― Nicholas Sparks
83. A dream you once were, a dream of all my realities, a dream I can no longer strive for, in the wake of many betrayals. ~C. Elizabeth